Sunday, May 22, 2016

Week 11

Yesterday I got to see my family and it was the best!! I wish I could`ve skyped with everyone cause i miss you all! Thank you for all the loving emails and the support! Happy Mothers Day to all you amazing mothers :) I have a lot of amazing influences in my life and I wouldn`t be the same without my amazing family and leaders. I love you all :) 

ARGENTINA
So there`s stray dogs EVERYWHERE and it`s freaking disgusting. I don`t even wanna know what they eat or where they`ve been. But there`s a good 5-6 dogs that live in front of my house. One night this week my companion and i woke up in the middle of the night to literally a dog fight club on our front pourch! The most unnatural sounds i`ve ever heard! It was the scariest thing to wake up to! It happens daily now. It starts with some growling and then a couple barks and then straight up chaos! We have a dog fight club. it`s great. I know it`s illegal in the states but hear it`s normal. I`m gonna start charging people to watch. haha 
I got to speak english this week! It`s a long story how i met this women but her name is Hna Lilliana and she`s learnign english through the BYUI Pathway program. I got so escited cause that`s my school and that`s my language! So on friday i sat down with her for a good 2 hours and helped her with her english. It`s so weird to help someone else learn my language, cause now i know how dumb i sounds haha

INVESTIGATORS
So first we have an investigator named Graciela. She`s about 65 years old, smokes proably 3 packs a day and can`t read. So when we teach her it`s a lot of repeating and relying on the poewr or pray. She`s recieved an answer about Joseph Smith and the Plan of Salvation is true which is aweose! She has a bautsmal date and is doing great. Her dad died this past week and it reallyhelped her to know about the Plan of Salvation. But it`s hard for her to have the desire to go to church. We`ve invited her for 3 weeks to come and we even come by her house to walk with her and she just doesn`t answer the door. It`s really hard because if she can`t read then the only real action she can take to show she`s progressing is to come to church. So we`re going to give her the Word of Wisdom lesson this week and see what happens. But there`s a good chance we might have to drop her.  
    Analia is one of our less actives and her husband Hector is an investigator. He`s the one i talked about last week that talked to his pastor and is a little shaky about meeting with us now. We still go over to teach and share messages but every time we go Hector leaves. Analia is really benefiting from the messages but Hector has started smoking again and is drinking more. It`s really hard for Analia but she won`t go against her husband and come to church. It`s the probalem with âcting on your faith^that a lot of people have. They both have the faith, but they won`t act! It`s the sadest most frusterating thing in the whole wide world! I love these people and I want to help them but they have to have the desire to act! ahhhhh 
   This week was a lot of knocking doors and talking to people in the streets because since we`ve been losing a lot of investigators lately week need new ones. But I counted we knocked doorsfor a total of 19 hours this week and got 5 appointments. Out of those 5 appointments we actually sat down and taught none of them. Not fun at all. 
   On the bright side our investigator Jordan, Mary and their family are good :) we had 2 more lessons with them and Jordan and his son and his wife all have jobs. The power of pray is incredible!!! 
  I`m just hoping this week is better ... 

SCRIPTURE
Alma 58:10-11 (i changed some of the words)
10. Therefore we did pour out our souls in prayer to God, that he would strengthen us and deliver us out of the hands of our enemies, yea, and also give us strength that we might retain our investigators and our less actives and our recent converts for the suppport of our people in Argentina. 
11 yea, and it came to pass that the Lord our God did visit us with assurances that we would deliver us, yea, insomuch that he did speak peace unto our souls, and did grant unto us great faith, and did cause us that we should hopefor our deliverence in him.

Talk about perfect for my week!! haha I love the scriptures :) 
Ît`s not easy, but it`s possible   -Elder Oaks

No comments:

Post a Comment