Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Oct. 3: Sick, Inspired and Progressing - and seeing HYER

So today I`ll just work with the title of my email

SICK
These past couple days I have felt like death rolled over ... and looked like it too! ha ha But my companion, Hermana Brown, had to go to the doctor this week to get her blood drawn and she passed out!!!! hahaha it was so funny! She walked out looking like a zombie and said ¨They sucked my blood, I passed out, and then I woke up on a bed¨ ha ha she was a little out of it for awhile. 
This is our district.  It feels like there are never any sisters except for my companion and I.  Once we had a district conference of 70 missionaries and there were only 4 sisters!  


INSPIRED GENERAL CONFERENCE WAS AMAZING!!! ¿No? oh my we were so excited all week to go and it was so short! I would be totally fine if general conference was a week long ;) (someone send that suggestion into the First Presidency por favor) I am just on a spiritual high and I`m ready to go convert all of Argentina!!!!! There were a lot of talks centered on mission work and how important the members are. Really the members are key! Us as missionaries could testify and convert 20 people but if the members don`t help, or don`t welcome them into the ward, maybe 5 of them will stay active. Elder Oaks talk really did it justice. Another talk I loved was Elder Hales! ¨If we love the Savior more, will we hurt less?¨ ya that line tugged on the heart strings. Another one was by Elder Stevenson, he said ¨Look to the Book, look to the Lord¨ IT`S SO TRUE!!  Everything in the scriptures testifies of Jesus Christ! If we have doubts or questions or are wavering in our testimonies, we`re not reading the scriptures as much as we should be. 
I KNOW without a doubt that we have living prophets and apostles on the earth today, that have the power and authority of God to guide and direct his people in these latter days. I know that they are inspired men of god and that when we follow their counseling, and we apply their teachings we will be able to accomplish what we need to to come closer to our Heavenly Father and live with him again. 
Between conference sessions they set up tables and we all ate on the lawn outside of the church.  It was awesome.  

PROGRESSING
 Slowly but surely we have some investigators that are progressing. We`re looking forward to a couple baptisms in the weeks to come but we`ll see how it works out. This week we`ve been passing and concentrating on a lot of less actives to get them to come to general conference. It`s amazing the excuses they have for being inactive. I just hear my dad"s voice in my head ¨I hate excuses¨ ha ha ya I bet the Lord does too. 
One of our investigators Christina has been very very sick lately and has even been in the hospital. She`s a single mom with 2 kids, a 12 year old boy and a 6 year old special needs daughter. We went by this week and had a member come give her a blessing and then she called us on Sunday and told us she was completely better and had never felt this good in a long time. The power of the Priesthood!!!!!! wahoooooo

ELDER HYER
I ran into Elder Hyer in the offices this week and I was so excited!! after almost 8 months in the mission, I saw my ward buddy :)

I love you all! Thank you for all the prayers and emails! It makes my day hearing about what`s going on in your lives :)
le quiero mucho!
Hermana Smoot


No comments:

Post a Comment