Thursday, November 10, 2016

Nov. 7: American Food Finally

MY WEEK
 We found this restaurant that is owned by 2 guys from southern California and they sell food just like the states! They even have WING WEDNESDAY!!!!! WHAT????? We went as a whole zone (half of which are gringos) and went and had all you can eat wings! I guess you could say we were a pretty happy group of missionaries haha :)
Friday I was so so soooo sick! I literally didn´t leave my bed all day and I was throwing up for 24 hours. It was miserable. Saturday was a little better and we went to some appointments but we didn't knock doors or anything. Only left the apartment when we had to. But now I´m all fine!  

¨Mi hijita¨ is ¨my daughter¨ in Spanish! There´s this thing in the mission that when you train, the missionary you train is your ¨daughter¨. Because the mission is like a mini life. Pero si, i´m training!!! and it is so much fun!!! My hijita is from Peru and is a ball of fun! She is so ready to learn and is so excited! I love it! After every lesson, or talking to someone in the street she asks what she can do better and is always asking questions! Her name is Hna. Duran. I´m super excited to be working with her! Right now we don´t have much to do but knocking doors because we don´t have many investigators but it´s makes good time to get to know her :) haha 


In our ward I will be accompanying the primary program! We had a practise this week and it was so cute! ah i love little kids! and their cute little singing voices are just precious :) During the practise we were listening to one of the kids give his little part talk thing and one of the older boys sitting next to me hit himself in the face with a book!!! I was a little taken back and started laughing and asked him what he was doing and he said ¨What? I´m tired.¨haha and all the leaders just started laughing! oh my kids are so funny!

INVESTIGATORS
This week we passed by a less active that i had never met. When we got there she was the happiest person on the planet to see missionaries! literally! I have never even seen an active member that happy and that willing to let us into her house! She told us to sit down and she ran into the kitchen and brought me a glass of milk and Oreos and said ¨I lived in the states and i know you gringos love oreos and milk¨ ah I about died! then she introduced us to her 2 little kids and said She wanted them to be baptized. They already say their prayers (in the right way) morning and night and know basically about the gospel. I about fell out of my chair when this happened!
Our new investigator - (not really)

SOMETHING FUNNY
I got pooped on by a bird last Monday. ya kinda put a downer on my day haha
We had our stake conference and the 2nd counselor is in our ward and was sharing a personal experience about his 2 sons. The older son asked his little brother if he was going to go on a mission. The younger one said yes. Then the older asked again ¨Are you going because you want to?¨ and the younger one who´s 11 years old said ¨I´m going because i don´t want to be a rat¨ hahahaha 

SCRIPTURE
or actually quote from conference haha
¨Don´t concentrate on the things that aren´t important¨ -Elder Bassett of the 7


Yo se que Cristo vive

le quiero muchisimo
Hermama Smoot

No comments:

Post a Comment