Thursday, August 11, 2016

MI VIDA
So this week nothing happened. Pretty boring to be honest. We just walked and walked and walked and walked and got tired! haha Our area is so stinking big!!!! Hermana Brown and I have both acknowledged that we have gained some weight in the mission and we have started a workout plan!  We run 3 days a week and 3 days we do hard cardio and want to die. But it`s good. We`re motivated! and I will not gain more weight haha and the giant area helps with that too. One of the ladies in our apartment building is our best friend! She`s like 60 years old but she brings us over cake and little treats during our studies and she`s just a doll. We went to teach her one night and she had a piano in her apartment!!! I about died! That`s like unheard of in Argentina! I asked her if I could play for her and just like any old lady, she said yes. I sat down and played for 45 minutes and Hna Brown sang and she loved it!! We will be doing that once a week :) Who knew all those long hard years of piano would pay off and I`d love it this much! Also .... yesterday was Hna Browns birthday!!!!! Wahoooo we had a party! and today is party day 2! We had lunch with some awesome members and some elders from our zone came and we played games and ate the best food and an amazing cake and ahhh I love our ward :) 

Our Birthday party for Hermana Brown


INVESTIGATORS
So we`re lacking on investigators a little bit and the investigators we do have work full time and are single men. So we don`t teach them to often because either they cancel, or the member we have for the lesson cancels or someones cat dies and they can`t do it. I don`t know. Some people are just crazy! haha But I had the absolute privilage to teach a Catholic Preist this week :) (please oh please be able to read the sarcasm in that sentence!) It was very interesting. When we talked to him the first time we gave him a book of mormon and he said he read it every day! WHAT? He would just open up to a random page, read, and that was it! He said he liked it! But then at the end of the lesson he gave us the Book of Mormon back and we were super confused. He said he had an obligation to God and the Pope to be faithful. yah. I`m not gonna write what went through my head at that moment haha
We have this other investigator Emanuel that is so stinking smart! This guys takes notes on what he reads and reads and prays every day and loves to learn about the gospel! He`s just not coming to church ..... hmmm ya. But he`ll get there :)
We`ve been visiting a lot of less actives lately and most of them are old single ladies that don`t have much to do. So when we come they make us food and talk our ears off for 2 hours. :) I`ve learned many tricks on how to stay awake and interested. haha Some of these ladies have the coolest stories! I love it! It`s like story time every day :) with cookies, milk and all!

SPIRITUAL THOUGHT
Amos 8:11-12
Do we as members understand what we have? The knowledge of the gospel is something that people in this world are searching for. The answers we have, the peace we feel, the hope and love we recognize are because we are members of the only church with the fullness of the gospel of Jesus Christ. Please recognize this! We are so blessed to have these answers that people are literally hungering for! I know that this church has everything we could ever ask for. I know that we have the pristhood, the power and authority of God that helps us progress towards our Heavenly home. I know that this church is true and I have 0 doubt that my Heavenly Father loves me and is looking out for me and for everyone that is reading this and more! Please oh please do not take the church and it`s blessings for granted, because you don`t really realize what you have. 

les quiero muchisimo!
hermana smoot

Yes I got kissed by Messi - you just can't see his jersey

No comments:

Post a Comment